Bevara Blasieholmen - flytta Nobelbygget!

Quoted post

Gäst

#210 Chipperfield ratad p.g.a. av brist på känsla för historiskt arv

2014-04-16 21:19

Det gäller dock inte Nobel Center - inte ännu i alla fall, men vi kan ju alltid hoppas.
Det rör sig om Geffrey Museum i Hackney, östra London där Chipperfield ville demolera en historisk pub:
Ur Architects Journal:

"Chipperfield’s scheme would have seen a two-storey building added to the existing Grade I-listed museum and included the controversial demolition of a former pub at 32 Cremer Street.

Councillors said Chipperfield’s plans would ‘result in the loss of architectural and historic features and would adversely affect the character of the museum’, which sits within the Kingsland Conservation Area and in December museum bosses decided they needed a ‘new approach’ to the project and relaunched the competition.
David Dewing, director of the Geffrye Museum, said: ‘Wright & Wright Architects are an excellent choice for the museum, they have a strong record of award-winning work with heritage buildings, sensitive sites and complex problems. They are listeners and have the interests of visitors, users and the general public at heart."

Nu hoppas vi på att Chipperfields Nobel Center som demolerar de historiska byggnaderna på Blasieholmen går samma öde tillmötes och att även Nobelstiftelsen blir "listernes"!

Svar

Gäst

#228 Re: Chipperfield ratad p.g.a. av brist på känsla för historiskt arv

2014-05-13 20:18:02

#210: - Chipperfield ratad p.g.a. av brist på känsla för historiskt arv

Chipperfields "track record" inte helt bra i dessa viktiga frågor..