Bevara Grennaskolans Riksinternat

Gäst

/ #33

2015-05-14 05:15

Grennaskolan Riksinternat is one of the main reasons I am the person I am today. My family moved to Nykoping when I was a young teenager when my father realised that the schools in Nykoping were not adequately fostering mine, nor my sisters, education. As a "good girl" in school, we were told to sit next to the load, disinterested students in the class room. This naturally made my parents worried; worried that my ambition was being used for the benefit of students who quite frankly didn't give a damn of doing well in school. My teacher in Nykoping called my fathers worries "Lyx Problem." This is when my father found Grennnaskolan. This is when we decided it was for the benefit of my Education, and therefore my future, to leave my family and find my education four hours away from home. And so I embarked on the most memorable five years of my life. Not only was I provided with an exceptional education but I was provided with life experience, friends and mentors that I still reflect upon and appreciate today. After graduating Grennaskolan in 2007, I went to law school in Stockholm and then I went to law school again in Los Angeles California. Today, I work for a law firm in LA, fighting for employees rights. I can say with one hundred percent certainty that my success in my education and career would not have happened had I not been given the opportunity to go to Grennaskolan. It is heartbreaking to learn of the recent developments at Grennaskolan and I hope more former students share their post school success here, because I know many of us feel the same way; that without Grenna, I most probably wouldn't be who I am today.